We aim to provide high quality manual handling training to give all personnel who perform manual handling activities as a key element of their job, the required knowledge and skill so that they can undertake occupational manual handling activities at minimum risk to themselves and others.
Our manual handling training includes consideration of peripheral issues such as access arrangements, area layout, environmental influences and slips, trips and falls.
Classroom instruction is provided on the following:
- An overview of relevant legislation
- Consideration of the implications of injuries associated with manual handling incidents
- Correct manual handling techniques
- The construction of the human frame and health issues that can arise out of poor manual handling technique
- Risk assessment techniques as they relate to manual handling
Practical instruction and delegate participation on:
- Lifting and handling techniques
- The use of any mechanical lifting aids provided by the client
Manual Handling Training
We undertake manual handling activities on a regular basis without realising. If we adopt poor postural positions to perform manual handling tasks this can create torsional and tension stresses and strains on the spine. These can result is damage to the vertebrae and invertabral discs resulting in back pain and restricted movement.
For more details on our manual handling training or to book your course contact us today.
Find the training courses you are looking for from our wide range.